Links that may be useful
Raven authentication might be needed: https://raven.cam.ac.uk/
1. To find a specific journal article online.
- Electronic journals taken by Cambridge University
- Scopus — articles within electronic journals
- DSpace — Cambridge University’s e-repository. A very long shot for most articles, but worth exploring.
2. If what you want is not available online, try the following catalogues. They are online lists or descriptions of offline resources. Note that they tend to be of more use at the book or journal level, rather than at chapter or article level.
- Newton, the online catalogue for libraries in the Cambridge University & the colleges, here pre-set for the Haddon
- iDiscover — libraries Cambridge-wide
- COPAC — libraries UK-wide
- Worldcat — libraries worldwide
3. To find material on a particular topic: all of the above, plus the following.
- British & Irish Archaeological Bibliography
- Archaeology Data Service (Archsearch)
- Ancient World Online (AWOL) — list of open-access journals in ancient studies
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Medline (all 5 versions)
4. To get updates on newly-published journals by email
- ZETOC (British Library; Cambridge University subscription)
- JournalTOCS (Heriot-Watt University; open access)
5. For advice on open access and open data as requirements of research publication: